Friday, December 23, 2016

Adrift
That might be the word that best describes the way I presently feel. I have served both full-time and part-time in pastoral ministry, but right now, and for quite a while now, I have felt adrift. I have become so disillusioned by what church has become. I suppose I should say "what the church has become", since the church is actually the people who make each congregation.

I have heard numerous preachers refer to "the church, in America" and I long for the opportunity to visit churches in foreign lands, as a study in comparisons.

I realize, before you even say it, that there are no perfect churches. With that said, I believe the Gospel of Jesus Christ is perfect. I believe the Bible, as originally written, is perfect. I believe there must be a remnant that has searched for and found the truth. I believe the vast majority of churches and "Christians" are far from the truth of scripture. So, you are saying, to yourself, "who does this guy think that he is? Who made him judge? What makes him perfect to judge others?" The answers...no one, no one, and nothing.

This year...I am on a quest...a search...for the church.

No comments:

Post a Comment